Today we want to share an excellent sweet and healthy option! Just take 5 minutes to make. Seriously.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 2 (14oz) cans coconut milk
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp organic Sucanat (evaporated sugar cane juice – you can also use unrefined sugar)
- 1/2 cup agar flakes
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- In a saucepan over high heat, combine the coconut milk, Sucanat, agar flakes, cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the agar dissolves (you can test this by checking your spoon after each stir: if you still see little “flakes” of agar, keep cooking it until you don’t see anymore flakes).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cold water and arrowroot until smooth. Whisk into the saucepan and simmer for 1 minute, or until the mousse thickens.
- Pour the mousse into a large heatproof dish and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Once cool enough, put into the fridge for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Transfer the chilled mousse to a food processor and puree until creamy.
- Serve chilled in individual cups or wine glasses.
- Enjoy it!
Leave a Comment